Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Recommended Panels for New York Comic Con 2013

Events like NYCC are beneficial in many ways. They allow professionals a chance to network, connect with their fans, sell their work and be inspired by the work of others.

Cons are also a good source of information when it comes to managing and understanding your career. If you take advantage of the professional panels at NYCC, you have a chance to learn from people who can help you avoid mistakes and enhance your career.

This is a list of the most interesting panels I've seen on the schedule at this point. I can't vouch for the speakers or the quality of the presentations, but these are the places I plan to spend my time on Thursday afternoon. My own willingness to attend these meetings and not stand on line to play Arkham Origins has to count for some type of endorsement.

Thursday October 10th
3:15: Comixology Submit: The Future of Self Publishing
4:15: Protect It and Publish It: Meeting and Negotiating with Publishers
5:00: You've Broken into Comics, Now What?

I'm also giving these two panels honorable mentions. I won't be able to attend because of schedule conflicts, but they do sound useful.

Thursday, October 10th
4:15: Protect It and Publish It: Creating and Protecting Your Property

Friday, October 11th
Comics & Hollywood: What Creators Need to Know

I plan to write an essay about what Iearned at Comic Con, but nothing beats being there yourself if you can. If any of you are planning on attending NYCC and you'd like a meeting to discuss the rights of your book, please send an email and we can set something up. Also, I plan to be in Artist Alley on Friday. If any of you have a booth, please let me know the number so I can try to stop by.

Otherwise,  you can find me at the Arkham Origins booth.

Have fun.
Gamal

No comments:

Post a Comment