Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Great Independent Comic Market Survey

If you went to SDCC (or to any major convention) you know that merchandise is a major factor in the mystique of comics (See Making Comics Isn’t Really About making Comics Anymore). This is true because the lure of comics creates fans hungry for increased identification and connection to the characters they love (See The Magic in a Batman T-Shirt) Readers of this page know that I think independent comic creators deserve their own merchandise lines, just like the major players (See Do you Want Merchandise for your Comics). I think I'm close to a solution, but I need to find out if it makes sense for creators to get involved in the business.

That's where you come in.

I've developed a short survey to study the sales patterns of independent comics to test the viability of my model. It's short and sweet and if you take five minutes to answer the questions, there's a free gift in it for you.

Readers of my other page (See http://gamalhennessy.com/) know that I am also a published author. If you take the independent comic survey, I'll send you a free digital copy of my short story A Special Request as a thank you. Just send me an email after you finish the survey and I'll send it to you.

The survey is designed to benefit you and the book will (hopefully) be a classic one day so you win coming and going. I plan to keep the voting opened until August 20th. Make your voice heard.

Thanks in advance.


Have fun.
Gamal

1 comment: